This is a handy feature that Amazon offers because it owns both Ring and Alexa.
It means you can use your Alexa speaker as a doorbell chime, without buying a separate Ring chime accessory.
All you need to do is link your Ring doorbell with your Alexa speaker using the Ring skill.
Here are the steps to follow:
• Open the Alexa app on your smartphone and tap the menu icon (three lines).
• Go to Skills & Games and search for Ring.
• Tap Enable Skill and Link Accounts and sign in to your Ring account.
• Go to Discover Devices and wait for your Ring doorbell to be added.
• Tap All Devices and select your doorbell.
• Tap Doorbell Press and turn it on.
That’s it! Now you’ll hear a chime from your Alexa speaker whenever someone rings your doorbell. How cool is that?
Like, Comment or WordPress Reblog the post and Subscribe to IT Service Guru for future blog posts.